General Guidelines for NYSC Registration
- The website address is any of the following:
- All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration during the previous Mobilization process but were not mobilized need not to pay again
- While It will take all Corps Producing Institutions one week to upload the Senate/Academic Board list, it will also take prospective corps members (both locally and foreign-trained) four (4) weeks to register online. Apart from these, there are other administrative duties connected to the mobilisation process which we have to undertake before the orientation
- 'Registration for Remobilization' is required only for corps members that have been mobilized in a previous NYSC batch but absconded from service.
- 'Registration for Revalidation' is required only for corps members that have been deployed in a previous NYSC batch but did not go to camp.
- All graduates from Nigerian Universities, Polytechnics/Monotechnics and those affiliated to them (whether full-time or part-time) are expected to carry out their biometric-enabled online registration using their Matriculation Numbers and JAMB Registration Numbers. Also, those for Revalidation (i.e. prospective corps members who were mobilized earlier but for one reason or the other could not report for the orientation course) must equally register online.
- Prospective Corps members should ensure that they have functional e-mail addresses that they can access and Nigerian (GSM) telephone numbers with which to register
- Locally trained prospective Corps members are expected to use correct Institution Matriculation numbers to register
- For locally-trained graduates, only those whose names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their Institutions will have access to register on the NYSC portal
- Foreign-trained prospective corps members should ensure that their Institutions are accredited. Where in doubt, it is their responsibility to approach Federal Ministry of Education for verification
- Foreign-trained students must come with their credentails for evaluation on camp; there is no need for physical evaluation before camp
- Foreign-trained students can pay for the service on arrival to the country if they could not pay when they register outside the country
- Those who graduated from Institutions outside Nigeria, (Foreign-trained graduates), are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
- West African School Certificate(WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent,
- General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent,
- NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or Ph.D. not necessary). Letter of attestation will not be accepted, please.
- Transcript of the first Degree or HND.
- International travelling Passport showing data page and date of departure for the course of study. (Please note that you must present the originals of the above during verification at the Orientation camp). . Letters of verification for graduates of Institutions in Ghana, Benin Republic and any other Institution whose accreditation is in doubt.
- It is the responsibility of the prospective corps members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into English language before uploading.
- All graduates of Medicine and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (NMDCN) and Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) respectively. Payment receipts are not acceptable
- Unlike in the past, Foreign-trained graduates should not visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should simply print their call-up letters Online and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment, but should come to the camp with the original documents they uploaded for verification.
- Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped.
- Prospective corps members should ensure that Passport photograph used meet the following specifications
- Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth and jaw) is fully shown without bending
- Ensure the picture is centralized and fills the frame
- Ensure the Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow.
- Ensure the Photo a 2x2 passport size
- Ensure the Photo is validated.
- On no account should prospective corps members register by PROXY. They should also remember the fingers used for their biometric capturing as this will be used for verification at the orientation camps. Those who cannot be verified with their biometric at the orientation camp will not be registered
- Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters Online are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) (see NYSC Portal on how to make payment)
- Prospective Corps members who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letter.
- Married female prospective corps members (whether locally or foreign-trained) should upload copies of their marriage Certificate, evidence of Change of name and their husband’s place of domicile during registration
- The orientation camps are not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective corps members in this category are therefore to note that they will not be accommodated
- Prospective corps members who have problems related to mobilization should go to the nearest NYSC Secretariats, see the Deployment and Relocation officer and lodge their complaints. They can also call NYSC Help Desk Lines – 08089244741, 08064324023 or 09092989929.
- All Part-time graduates are also expected to register online, even without JAMB numbers. Such graduates have the option of paying online and printing their Exclusion Letters or as usual, travelling to their Institutions for the Letters.
- Green cards details must be printed, signed and brought to camp after registration by all corps members
- View Time-table for online registration
Guidelines for NYSC Registration
|PROCEDURES FOR CORRECTION OF DATE OF BIRTH BY PCMs' ON THE PLATFORM|
|Henceforth, information from the West African Examination Council (WAEC) will no longer be used to effect changes on the NYSC portal as from the 2016 Batch 'B' online Registration. The new procedure for the PCM is to Submit
Guidelines for NYSC Registration