NYSC Personal CDS projects a corps member should consider
NYSC encourages Corps Members to contribute and impact their host communities by carrying out a personal CDS project during service year.
- Construction/Rehabilitation of Bore Hole in the host Community of Service.
- Free medical tests and immunization
- Donation of Books and Writing material to Primary and Secondary School Library
- Taking on pro-bono cases (If you are a lawyer or sponsoring one)
- Supply of crops, fertilizers and farm tools to farmers in your community
- Organizing skill acquisition training for youths and women for free
- Payment of WAEC, NECO enrollment fees for bright but poor students in your community
- Embark on a health sensitization scheme like HIV awareness, Malaria control, etc..
- Free distribution of medical aids: dettol distribution, mosquito nets, setting up of wash hand basins in every class of every school, etc
- Construction of road signs and road directions for motorists to easily navigate their way around the community.
- Donation of clothing, and/or food materials to orphanage homes.
- Construction or Renovation of Corpers accommodations, classroom or hostel.
- Construction of solar street lights.
- Construction of Public Toilet in remote locations in the community.
- Organizing Youth Programs or Quiz competitions among students in your community and reward the best.
- Organize a sports competition for the less privilege in the community and reward the best.
- Organizing seminars/workshop for students on career/ free counseling.
The list above is not exhaustive, you can add yours in the comment box below.
Read Also: NYSC CDS Projects