It was another great and superb outing by the NYSC INEC Ambassadors as they took their sensitization trail to Sultan Abubukar College and Sokoto Science College all within Sokoto metropolis.
The INEC Ambassadors took their time to sensitize the students about the on-going Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) exercise taking place in INEC offices across the whole local government areas Nationwide. Some of the main points were on;
- Who should register? (If you’re 18+, if you’ve not registered before or you registered earlier but couldn’t find your name in the voters register)
- Why you should register? (No permanent voters card PVC, No voting)
- Where you should register? (INEC offices in all local government areas Nationwide)
- When to register? (9am – 3pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays)
- How to register? (Present yourself to registration officials, no registration in proxy)
- Transfer of registration? (You can request to transfer your registration to any place of choice, Distance is not a barrier)
There was also an interactive section between the INEC CDS Members and the students of both schools where they were availed the opportunity to ask questions on issues pertaining electoral processes and the corps members holistically did justice their questions in a conversational tone.
Representatives of the students from both schools on behalf of all the students appreciated the INEC CDS members for coming around to educate them about the on-going Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) exercise. They assured the CDS members that they will make themselves available for the registration.
INEC: Making Your Vote Count…… Consolidating Our Democracy